Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Emigrant Gap, CA?



I made it to Reno, barely. My car broke down just 70 miles away from my destination. Mind you, I probably shouldn't have drove my car in the condition it was in, but I threw caution to the wind...and I paid for it. I was stuck in Emigrant Gap, Ca. Yeah. I was out of commission for 5 hours. Going back and forth with AT&T Roadside Assistance and various tow truck companies. Not to mention it was 95 degrees outside, and raining. Thankfully, a friend of mine, and my ride, showed up and it made the wait easier to deal with. End of it all, we all made it to Reno safely(minus my car's transmission) and I was just mentally exhausted so I crashed. No welcome back partying for me. Not yet anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a rough journey. Sometimes, we just have to take chances, and if it doesn't work out, we still get something out of it anyway. At least you made it, sans your transmission. And now you know which towing companies to call.

    Eagle Transmission of Austin

    ReplyDelete